Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3837: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3838: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Clan Blue Feather • View topic - tent buying?

tent buying?

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Re: tent buying?

Postby Joshua » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 pm

"Hobitat?" Maybe Thalia can make a recommendation - sounds like her kind of tent! :)

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Thorvald » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:12 am

Two suggestions for tents...

A less expensive option than most canvas tents sellers in the SCA such as Panther is to get a wall tent from Fall Creek Suttlery...
While they advertise for civil war folks this style goes all the way back to the Romans.
http://www.fcsutler.com/fccanvas.asp
This is what I currently live in.

Another option is a tent made by Lord Friedrich Wilhelmssohn.
These tents are amazing. Beautiful and great quality.
http://www.welldressedtent.com/
(If I could afford it, I would get one of these. They are well worth the cost)

In Service,
Thorvald
Thorvald

Postby Korren » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Thorvald wrote:Two suggestions for tents...

Another option is a tent made by Lord Friedrich Wilhelmssohn.
These tents are amazing. Beautiful and great quality.
http://www.welldressedtent.com/
(If I could afford it, I would get one of these. They are well worth the cost)

SPINNNIIINNNGGGG..... TIIINNKKEEERRRRTTOOOOYY of DOOOOOOMMM!!!!!

<Grin>

Korren
Korren

Postby Joshua » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Korren wrote:SPINNNIIINNNGGGG..... TIIINNKKEEERRRRTTOOOOYY of DOOOOOOMMM!!!!!

It will rain destruction like Shiva on all of E-12! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(Then again, if that one was done by someone who knew what they were doing it might not actually be a disaster waiting to happen...)

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Thorvald » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 am

LOL
Actually, I've seen these tents in storms and they are amazingly well designed to stand up to strong winds and pouring rain.
In a storm, one of my households will gather in the large kitchen tent that Fritz built and we all stay quite dry without any worries.
Thorvald
Thorvald

Postby Joshua » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 am

Thorvald wrote:LOL
Actually, I've seen these tents in storms and they are amazingly well designed to stand up to strong winds and pouring rain.
In a storm, one of my households will gather in the large kitchen tent that Fritz built and we all stay quite dry without any worries.
Thorvald

Oh, if only we had such luck.

In entirely unrelated news, I assure you, have you ever met Celeb? :)

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Thorvald » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:06 pm

In entirely unrelated news, I assure you, have you ever met Celeb?

I don't recall ever meeting him.
Thorvald

Postby Joshua » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Thorvald wrote:

Probably for the best, especially if you buy that tent. Not that the two are related. AT ALL. Nope. ;)

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Celeb » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Thorvald wrote:

Greetings Thorvald..
2 months + late I reply... but at any rate.... I'm the "Caleb" that josh is taunting here..
I planned, built and sewed my own single center-pole, spoked pavillion. It is 7 foot at the eaves... 16 at the peak.. it is a little bit of a challenge to put up.. and my beloved campmates (BITCHES ! ALL! I assure you) ;) live in TERROR of it.. Hence the "Spinning, tinker toy of DOOM!" comment.. they even have an interpretive dance about it. (did I mention they are all bitches?)

I believe the oft-paraphrased quote about it was: "The Spinning tinker-toy of DOOM! One day, in a storm it will rise like Shiva and Dance destruction all through Settmoor Swamp and the rest of E-12!"

sigh..... Sadly, since my dad passed (he helped me to build it) I haven't had the heart to put it up ... and my beloved campies have even arranged to house me in a yurt... such is the fear of my poor little tent.
Celeb

Previous

Return to General Discussion