Introduce yourself!!

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Introduce yourself!!

Postby Gabe / Genjiro » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:09 pm

I figured a good place to start would be to introduce ourselves like we did at the last Clan Meeting at Pennsic. I'll go first and encourage you do to the same.

So let's see. I like lists so....

My name is Gabriel de la Vega / Genjiro Tenmakutsukuri.
I have a Japanese persona in case it wasn't obvious =)
I live in the East Kingdom
I am the Bluefeather webmaster.
I have been camping with Blue Feather at Pennsic for the last 6 years and would consider myself a member of the Clan for at least that long.
I make and sell yurts for most of a living.
My other interests include Photograpy, Web Design, Graphic Design, Japan, Mongolia, , Shakuhachi, Woodworking, Bamboo, Archery, Martial arts.

I'd say thats a start.

How about the rest of you? Introduce yourself!
--Genjiro Tenmakutsukuri
MKA Gabriel de la Vega
Archer of Rivenwood
Tentmaker
http://www.tradersoftamerlane.com
Gabe / Genjiro

Re: Introduce yourself!!

Postby Lady Caitrina » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:05 pm

My Name is Caitrina inghean Murchadha.
My Device is: vert, a rat rampant to sinister and in canton a mullet of eight points
argent.
I live in Ansteorra.
I have been playing in the SCA for only 2 years now.
I have been sewing and costuming for 25 years, mostly for the sci-fi community.
I joined bluefeather a year or so ago and have found very warm and wonderful people here.
Last year I managed to make my own period tent and I am striving to camp as period as possible.
Lady Caitrin inghean Murchadha
Barony of Elfsea
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Lady Caitrina

Postby Lucia » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi, This is Luci , mundane name Lucille Hall

I have been with Clan Blue Feather for 5 years

My SCA name is Lucia Bodnar , it is a Hungarian/Romanian name. Lucia is pronounced Lootsia, Bodnar is our actual family name.

I love belly dancing, drumming and this year hope to compete in archery.

Mundania home for me is about 10 miles from Coopers Campground.

Hugs everyone, :D

Luci
Lucia

Postby Demon_Rider » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Hey everyone. I'm Brandon, that is my mundane name, and as of yet I do not have a persona.
I got introduced to the event at Pennsic 34, and haven't missed one, nor do I intend to if at all possible. I am not a member of the SCA though.

I currently live in AEthelmarc, aka NY state.

My interests include the fire performance arts, massage, martial arts, cooking, blacksmithing, camping, kayaking, and plain old post-o'dark thirty Pennsic social interaction.

This past year was my first to camp with the Clan Blue Feather encampment, and I hope for many more.
Demon_Rider

Postby ChristopherJ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi all, I'm Lord Christopher Jameson, or just "Christoph"... My persona is technically early 16th century English but I tend to dress in 14th-century clothes lately because they're more comfortable.

I'm an Easterner; I live in the Barony of Bhakail (otherwise known as Philadelphia, PA.) I'm married to Lord Cal Urso, so when I make it to Pennsic, I camp in Camp Urso.

I am sometimes a scribe. Usually I'm just lazy. I've been in the SCA for something like 14 years now and am in a "less-involved" phase.

I'm glad to see this forum, and hope it takes off!
ChristopherJ

Postby nastasiiats » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Hello all. I am Nastasiia Ivanova Borisova (MKA Jessica) and my current persona is 16th century Russian, althogh I may be changing that soon.

I am from Trimaris although I currently live in the Mid-Realm on the border of the Debatable Lands (NE Ohio) I have been in the SCA for 25 years

My SCA interests are Rapier combat, Feastcrating (cooking in general), and I am trying to learn metal casting.
Mundanely, I am an F/X Make-up Artist and I enjoy photography, scuba diving, and japanese racing motorcycles
--No matter where you go, There you are.
---B Bonzai
nastasiiats

Postby StraightManDan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:45 pm

I'm Dan Hoffman, Gabe's slave labor when a yurt needs a buildin'. I have unfortunately been unable to attend Pennsic the past 2 years, and I hope to break that tradition this year. Nice job on the forums Gabe!! Special thanks to Joshua for making my username on these forums a no brainer.
StraightManDan

Postby Joshua » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:03 am

'lo! It's me, Joshua. I've been in the SCA for about 20 years or so, and in the Clan for almost as long. I haven't missed a Pennsic since my very first. With a LOT of help from a LOT of great people I run the Clan Blue Feather encampment at Pennsic each year, and I organize the annual Clan Blue Feather Ball and Fashion Cotillion there as well.

I originally hail from the Barony of Bhakail in the East, spent some time in Calafia in Caid, and am now residing in the nether regions of Atlantia, but we'll be heading back to Caid soon enough. I used to do calligraphy, but haven't practiced in years. I also used to go to local events, but my primary focus has been Pennsic for the last few years (although certain friends in other places are encouraging me to expand my SCA events calendar).

I'm starting a little business pimping my artistic friends at sci-fi conventions around the country, as well as promoting my partner's custom doll business, because my Mundanian job is nice, but mostly dull.

My partner's in the SCA 'cause I told him he had to if he wanted to see me during the month of August, but he's getting into it almost as much as I am. I love my Blue Feather family 'cause they're just as screwball as I am.

I spend way too much time online and playing video games. I'm a huge geek, and even help run local sci-fi conventions (including Gaylaxicon, the annual LGBT sci-fi/fantasy/horror/comics/gaming con).

Finally, this is my very silly device:

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby dziuginte » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:56 am

Greetings!

Dziuginte here. I'm a mid 14th century Lithuanian free woman farmer. I sew my own clothes, make my own dyes, make my shoes, make my armor, make my simple jewelry so I'm lovely and make felt to keep me warm because this is what farmers like me do. You'll find me on the battle field dying on the shield wall or on the Youth Combat List training young fighters. My teenage sons and I travel the East Kingdom and beyond in a black bus full of gear. We sleep in a pretty darn period camp and eat terrible food. Right now, we're building a Samarai Heavy list kit and we're about to set up a forge. Mundanely, I'm a handy woman/gardener. I joined the SCA about 5 years ago and it ruined my love life. I don't care cuz this is FUN! I'm glad for the Blue Feather community!
dziuginte

Postby Gaston » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:05 am

I'm Gaston, an early period southern European who chose his period for the garb--shorts, short sleeved tunic, sandals--which is comfortable in the heat of a Calontir summer.

Current projects include some kitchen boxes for Lilies war, finishing a prototype pavilion, turnsole shoes, new sandals (they wear out) and making a dent in the pile of linen on the living room chair.

Looks to be a busy winter.
Gaston

Next

Return to General Discussion