Introduce yourself!!

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Re: Introduce yourself!!

Postby Livia » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:16 am

Greetings Everyone,

I am Livia Valentini. I currently hail from Aethelmearc's shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais (close to Williamsport, PA) I've been in the SCA for about three years. Although friends from Atlantia have been pestering me to give it a try much longer than that. :)

My persona is late period Italian courtesan.

My interests include:
Kumihimo, Dance, Scribal arts, Heraldry, leather work, knotwork, Japanese history, Italian history, ... Actually this list is quite extensive. I'll stop there for now.

I have not been to Pennsic. I tend to go to other regional events. At least so far.
I have not proven to be handy at sewing. Research tends to be the area I shine a little brighter. I keep hoping that'll change.

Thank you all,
Livia-
Livia

Postby Martin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:45 am

Hello there,

I'm Martin der Wasserspeier (although I don't know how long I'll be keeping that last name). My persona is... well, my persona's gone through several revisions. Currently I'm a German ex-pat living in England in the 1500's. Ask me again in a few months.

I've been playing in the SCA since the spring of 2005. Originally from Stonemarche (NH), I now live in Carolingia (the Boston area of MA).

My SCAdian interests are heavy list fighting and drumming (and ogling belly dancers). ;)

Not much else to say, I guess.
"Normal is Boring" -Me
Martin

Postby Dallan » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:13 am

Greetings one & all!
Looks like I'll be the first from the Kingdom of Lochac to hit the forums with an introduction! OK, so here I go...

I'm Greg & I've been playing the game for about 13 years now - but have recently been absent for around 12 months due to work commitments - but back now with a vengeance! Mundanely I'm in hospitality, & I live in Newcastle, New South Wales. I'm about a two hour drive north of Sydney if that helps my overseas cousins!

Persona-wise, I am Dallan ua Lorccain, an 11th Century traveller from Eire. (But have been known to also be Lord Dallan O'Lorcan, an Irishman fighting with my Knight who has allegiance with the House of York in 1455 AD, from time to time...). Dallan is a keen hunter & a fair shot with a bow. While not adding flights to new shafts, he can often be found with quill & ink, or tending to medicinal plants in the fields. He is quick to rally to the aide of kinsman or Crown (Lord Dallan is a keen combatant who has been struck from the tourney field due to injury, but will fight the Lancastrian swine with every sinew that can draw a bowstring! Though a gentleman, he is often considered to be a drunken lout!!).

Well, I guess I'm done!
Nice to meet you all & cheers! One day I may get to Pennsic!

D
;)
"Chivalry is not dead."
-- DuL
"Sports do not build character, they reveal it."
-- Heyward Brun

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
Dallan

Postby WarrenSensei » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:05 pm

Greetings all!
I am George Benedict, a Benedictine monk in the late 1400's - early 1500s. I currently travel with House Strangewayes of the Barony of Stonemarche in the East Kingdom. I am interested in the devotional disciplines of scriptwork and knotwork illuminations, the study of the Holy Scriptures, and I am currently talking with my superior about furthering my call with ordination to the priesthood, Lord willing.

George Benedict is a Benedictine monk and postulant to the priesthood. He was formerly a Franciscan, and traveled with that order to the far east (after the Mongols opened trade and lifted religious restrictions) for many years, exchanging ideas and knowledge. Upon retuning from those journeys, his superior caught him inflagrante with another brother, and ordered him to take vows in the Benedictine order, and to pursue the priesthood in hopes that "a higher calling and more rigorous study will quell these evil urges". Little did he know what really goes on in monasteries that share cells with 20 young men!

Mundanely, I am Warren Huber from Worcester, MA. I'm a psychology student at WSC, formerly a physics major at WPI. I was a martial arts instructor for 7 years, with a total of 15 years experience before college ate my life. Now that I go to an easier school, I have gotten back into it, with a new teacher and new style. I have been going to SCA events for 2 years now, and became a member this past summer. Sadly, I have yet to make a Pennsic, but someday!
I actually *am* looking to be a priest in the Episcopal church, and try to educate my fellow Christians about LGBT issues and an "Inclusive Orthodoxy" theology simultaneously with trying to show my fellow LGBT people that "gay Christian" isn't a contradiction.

~Warren
Last edited by WarrenSensei on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I must not fear.
Fear is the little death that brings total oblivion.
I will face my fear;
I will allow it to pass over me and through me,
and when I turn to see fear's path
there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert
WarrenSensei

Postby Ieuan » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:45 am

Hail and well met! It's great to see a full blown forum for The Clan.

My name is Lord Ieuan Morgannwg and I reside in the Barony of Adiantum in An Tir with my partner Lady Katherine Killigrew. I am originally from the Barony of the Angels in Caid but moved up here about eight years ago. I am currently the Baronial Chirurgeon but will be stepping down soon so I can return to heavy fighting, the two activities can be at odds at times.

My mundane job has kept me busy and away from all events held this past year but I am hoping that a schedule change will allow me to return to what I hold very dear in my life. Below is my "yet to be approved" device. As I can not draw even a pathetic stick person a friend's very talented daughter painted this for me.

Hopefully these forums will take off; it's been so difficult to keep up with Clan members at times.
Ieuan

Postby Thorvald » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:58 pm

Greetings!

I'm Thorvald (MKA Stephen Adams) from the Barony of Dragonsspine in the Kingdom of the OUTLANDS (Mundanely Colorado Springs, CO).

I have played in the SCA for over 25 years now (I joined very young) and it is my second family. Living far out West, I don't make it to Pennsic nearly as often as I would like but very much enjoy going to Lilies War in Calontir.

My SCA interests involve all things Viking including lampworking (glass bead making). I have been known to get in armor and fight with an great ax on occasion. I also autocrat events and hold office from time to time. Mostly, I enjoy partying with my SCA friends.

In Service,
THL Thorvald Thorolfsson a Vaksfall
Thorvald

Postby Thalia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi ho, I'm Thalia.

That's my mundane name. Since I went through all the bother of legally changing it from Mary several years back I figured I'd just keep it simple. It's period enough, what with being ancient Greek and all.

Though I'm an artist I am not actually a prostitute, though I am one of the ones Joshua mentions as "pimping".

I live in the tent that looks like a Roman temple with the faux marbled sides and columned porch.

I've been to I think 24 Pennsics now. It was my first event, and I went with Korren (we're both from Massachusetts), who I've known since about forever. I have never been an SCA member and I only do Pennsic now and haven't been to a local event in years.
Thalia

Postby Rob Haddock » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:46 pm

AHOY!
I am Lord Admiral Robert Haddock architech of the current Ansteorran Royal Navy.
Recently retired from the ARN, I have more time for Hearaldry and Bardic
I have been in the SCA for 9 years now, and have been Clan Blue Feather, about 4 of that.
I am also Patriarch and Clann Chieftain of the Clann Haddock, as well as a member of House Lightning Mist, and Gunnarstead.
Yeah, I went hog wild on households when I first got started, and am sorting things out n ow to get control again.
I also have an alternate persona of an Irish monk, Friar Aloysius O'Banyon, who acts more like aq leaprecaun than a monk.
papadieux.jpg
papadieux.jpg (3.22 KiB) Viewed 8954 times

(I'm the fat old man, in the center.)

I am, and remain, your Kinsman,
Rob Haddock
Rob Haddock

Postby Gryphalcon » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:12 pm

G'day and welcome all!

Bryce here, of the College of Blessed Herman, Barrony Innilgard, in the Kingdom of Lochac.
It's wonderful to have some contact with other Bluefeather supporters. We don't seem to have much presence in Australia, though I see there is at least one other forum member in the country. (Hello Fiona! I think we have met?)

I am most attracted to the culture of the SCA, of chivalry and shared pastimes, but so many of the common activities are fascinating as well. I admit ashamedly that I have not worked particularly hard on a persona, although I registered four years ago as a 5th century Brit. I love serving at feasts; it's so chaotic, but wonderfully invigorating. I am thinking of re-registering and finding a period with a standard livery (servants uniform).

I have been training in heavy combat, though my partner (whom I met at my first SCA gathering!) has already been authorized, I have yet to get armor together. :oops:
Having received my Award of Arms (there’s a story on that event! lol!), the devise I intend to register is an azure gryphon recumbent, sinister. (I’m not sure of the terms for the field.)

I look forward to getting to know you,
Blessings to all!
You have been taught
that there is something wrong with you
and that you are imperfect,
but there isn't
and you're not.
Gryphalcon

Postby Jibrail » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:06 am

Greetings!

I'm the SCAdian formerly known as Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi...*heh*

The name change and device change passed...so I'm now officially known as Jibra'il `Attar, a Safavid Persian from the Court of Shah Tahmasp living in the Shire of Deodar in the Kingdom of Calontir.

My primary interests in the Society are: glasswork (lampworked beads), costuming (Florentine & Safavid Persian), heraldry, target archery, fingerloop braiding, and general Persian studies (currently focusing on temporary marriages in Safavid Persia). [[Totally geeked out there, didn't I? *heh*]]

Let's see...awards, eh? I've got an AoA, Torse (AoA-level service), Golden Calon Swan (AoA-level arts), and Queen's Endorsement of Distinction - Ideals of the Society.

Other than that, I think the only other key things to know are that I'm a former heraldry student to HE Master Modar Neznanich...and am apprenticed to a fellow Blue Feather, Master Mellitus of Rouncivale, in lampworking.

EDIT: OH! And before I forget, I'm also the class coordinator for the 2009 Known World Heraldic & Scribal Symposium, being held over Labor Day weekend in the Barony of Lonely Tower here in Calontir (mka: Omaha, NE). If you are interested in teaching a class or running a workshop on a heraldic or scribal topic...let me know!!!
Jibrail

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion