Introduce yourself!!

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Re: Introduce yourself!!

Postby Siobhra » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:27 am

Dame Siobhra, Lady of the Puddle.
I found Clan Blue Feather at a Gaylaxicon many years ago but never found them again till years later at Pennsic. I camp next the the Blue Feather camp with House Von Draken.

I was born into a humble enough family of the Clan DeWar, which is a Sept of the Clan McNab of Scotland. I am descendant from the Woman warrior/teachers who once lived on the island of Skye. I myself was raised to be a Pagan Priestess in secret.

My Mother died when I was just a teen and my father who was a merchant took me with him to the east to raid, I mean trade. While we were visiting the northern lands of Poland I was introduced to his friend at the court of the King Chet the King of Poland. Soon after we left there we ran afoul of some Landless Knights. While my father died defending us we were still able to kill or drive off them off. What was left of us knew they would return in force so we fled. In our rush to escape we found ourselves in the far northern ranges of the Carpathians. There I found the Duke and his secret Keep along the border of Poland and Russia.
Siobhra

Postby Crimthann of Fid-Nemed » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:11 pm

Hail and Well Met!

I am called Crimthann (CREEV-thonn). Full names: Crimthann of Fid-Nemed, Crimthann Gramasag Clusag (ancient Gaelic for Crimthann, Biter of Pillows).

I'm from the South Oaken region of the Midrealm and I have been in the SCA for two years now. Major Garb whore, but only with early period. REALLY early period. 1st - 6th century. I personally portray a 1st Century Irishman who served as a slave to a Roman centurian (thereby seeing the world from Babylon to Camaludunim (Colchester, UK) ) before being manumitted at 26 years old. Now a freedman, I make my own way where I can. I'm also going to focus more on my fighting skills in this upcoming year.

Havent been to any wars yet, but I'm hoping to hit Blackstone Raids and Gulf Wars in the early part of 2009. Pennsic would be nice, but we'll see.

Crimthann of Fid-Nemed

Location: between Fort Knox, KY and unclaimed lands in the southern reaches of the Midrealm

Postby WarrenSensei » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Crimthann of Fid-Nemed wrote:Hail and Well Met!

I am called Crimthann (CREEV-thonn). Full names: Crimthann of Fid-Nemed, Crimthann Gramasag Clusag (ancient Gaelic for Crimthann, Biter of Pillows).

I love your name, and I must say that your pics are kinda epic!
"I must not fear.
Fear is the little death that brings total oblivion.
I will face my fear;
I will allow it to pass over me and through me,
and when I turn to see fear's path
there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert
WarrenSensei

Postby Salvador » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Greetings one and all!
My name Is Salvador Paolo de Barcelona. I currently reside in Trimaris in what is a disputed area at best. I have been active in the society for over 31 years. I have attended Blue Feather activities twice at Pennsic and once at Lillies. I have lived In Midrealm, Ansteorra, Calontir, Caid, East, Atlantia, and West. I am known mostly for costume and Pavillions. I have also been known as an active herald at many levels including working with Laurel Soveriegn and Pelican Soveriegn of arms. I have served as a deputy Kingdom herald in Calontir, Baronial Herald in Mag Mor Calontir, and The Barony of The Sacred Stone In Atlantia. I have also served as a local officer in may shires and Baronies, as well as headed up multiple guilds over the years.
In the modern world I am in theater (hence by inability to stay in one place!). I have been out since I was a teen and am very happy with who I am. I hope to see more of you as I plan on trying to make it to either Pennsic or Lillies this next year. It has been way too long!
I remain... in service
Salvador Paolo de Barcelona CCC, CCL, CGS, OT, AOA
Salvador

Postby wolfmarty » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:13 pm

Good morrow, gentles: And that's as forsoothly as it get around here for awhile.
I'm Rob Himmelsbach, a Program Manager in the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program of the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, where I've been a mid-level bureaucrat for about 34 years.

In the SCA, I'm Geoffrey d'Ayr; being an ex-herald, I can't help but roll out the whole business - Master Geoffrey d'Ayr, Bishop of Montalban, OP, OL, Court Baron, CSC, CM, CBT, CSal and a few other odd letters somewhere along the way (if you live long enough, you collect most of the tchotchkes!)

CSal is Companion of the Order of the Salamander which is the service award from the Barony of Bhakail (Philadelphia) where I seem to have the dubious distinction of being the "oldest living Bhakaili" by virtue of never having moved and still being alive!

I don't have any fighting awards, although there was a move a number of years ago to nominate me for the kingdom Fighting award "for use of Corpora and Kingdom Law" (I've been Brigantia Herald, Deputy Kingdom Marshall, Kingdom Seneschal and a member and chairman of the BoD [early 80's] - and as far as I know, nobody hates me!) but not enough people believe that qualifies as "two weapon" fighting.

I believe my first event, ever was a Twelfth Night in January, 1972 although I has been a paid member for almost a year before - Bhakail existed, but had not yet held an event at the time.

My persona is an Anglican Bishop of the reign of Elizabeth, presiding over a very small dioscese in Apsolluthlynowyr in Mortshire, Wales, where the locals are polite enough to allow me to light the bonfires on certain (pagan) holy nights, and I politely pretend they are good Christians.

And that's a good start on me - mundanely I live with my partner Sandy (Abbot Frantz), a large hairy dog and two mildly disturbed cats.
wolfmarty

Postby Martin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:55 am

wolfmarty wrote: the locals are polite enough to allow me to light the bonfires on certain (pagan) holy nights, and I politely pretend they are good Christians.

Hehehe :lol:
"Normal is Boring" -Me
Martin

Postby WarrenSensei » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:10 pm

wolfmarty wrote:In the SCA, I'm Geoffrey d'Ayr; being an ex-herald, I can't help but roll out the whole business - Master Geoffrey d'Ayr, Bishop of Montalban, OP, OL, Court Baron, CSC, CM, CBT, CSal and a few other odd letters somewhere along the way (if you live long enough, you collect most of the tchotchkes!)
My persona is an Anglican Bishop of the reign of Elizabeth, presiding over a very small dioscese in Apsolluthlynowyr in Mortshire, Wales, where the locals are polite enough to allow me to light the bonfires on certain (pagan) holy nights, and I politely pretend they are good Christians.
my partner Sandy (Abbot Frantz)

Ah-ha! Greetings to a fellow man of the (SCAdian) cloth!
~Br. George Benedict, OSB (formerly OSF)
(MKA Warren)
"I must not fear.
Fear is the little death that brings total oblivion.
I will face my fear;
I will allow it to pass over me and through me,
and when I turn to see fear's path
there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert
WarrenSensei

Postby Marc Beaucoeur » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Hello forum members! My name is Master Marc Beaucoeur, SCA, and Mark Fowlkes, mundane. My persona is 15th century French and Burgundian, around 1460-65. I am a very IN-active SCA member, a Master of the Laurel, and have been so for about 14 years. But, for the 10 or so years before that, I was fairly active. I met my life partner, Lloyd in 1987, and by 1990 we had bought a 1904 house together, and called the relationship official. Re-doing the house is what took me away from being very active in the SCA. We did a total gut-job and rebuild inside, by ourselves. My contact with all things SCA lapsed a good while, until I bought a PC,and found our local barony's yahoo group. Through it, I stay in contact with South Downs (Atlanta, Ga.)folks, especially people I knew well in the 80's and early 90's. My main interests have always been with period garb, leather tooling, painting, calligraphy, and cooking. The garb periods that interest me are 15th century garb, with French/Burgundian, and Timurid thru Safavid Persia, being standouts. Also very into Heian period Japan, and ancient world garb of Greece, Rome and Egypt. Many other garb periods interest me as well, but these are the main ones. I did a lot of tooled leatherwork back in the day, and played with Celtic interlace and Islamic interlace on items like belt purses.
I was not very "out" years ago in the SCA, but if I get very active again, I will be 100% out, or I will not play. I know of a man and a woman in the local group, who might be very interested in establishing a Bluefeather household in our barony.
Here, I want to make a confession, of sorts, and "out" myself over an item of interest I have. Part, but by no means all, of my interest in the 15th century of Europe lies in the presence of the codpiece in male clothing.( I don't mean the pin-on padded pillows that one sees at Renn Fairs.) I really like the codpiece, love wearing one on my 15th century garb, and feel really good while wearing it. For a brief, glorious 125 years or so in the history of male clothing, men got to walk out in public feeling like sexualized men,and be proud of it. Too fast that era went bye-bye, and men went back into cover-up mode again. I believe a codpiece, a real, working pouch type, made to match the hosen and of the same stuff, allows a man to feel very good about his maleness, plain and simple. Women have always had, from ancient Crete till now, gown bodices with exposed decolletage, to give them the same sense and feeling of pride in their sex. To know they were being looked at and admired, as sexual creatures, and enjoying the "psyche" power that it gave them, and still gives. We guys have only had that one brief period to "show it off", and not since. I hope that explains my interest in it, to some degree, and I would like to think, that at least on this forum, I might find others who understand and even agree with me. I have never "proseletized" for the codpiece, but I have thought about it, in an SCA setting! If we start a BF household here, what about the name"Chez Braguette" for the house? Hahaha!
I have not done done a Pennsic War but maybe someday. I have posted a pic of me on the featured members page.
Marc Beaucoeur

Postby wolfmarty » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:59 pm

Warren Sensei said:
Ah-ha! Greetings to a fellow man of the (SCAdian) cloth!
~Br. George Benedict, OSB (formerly OSF)

I have to admit that my Bishop persona (which is so old, it's been "grandfathered" into being official) is one of those typical, 16th Century "political" clerics - an eminence gris slightly behind and to the left of the throne, with a hand up the King's back making his mouth work! The REALLY scary part is that I got to do that once or twice, not just fantasize.
As a Religious-type, on the other hand, Bishop Geoffrey is. well.... Unorthodox is perhaps the politist term; maybe heterodox (the only hetero thing about him). He remains unmartyred mainly because it's more of a nuisance to winkle him out of his incredibly obscure See than to just let him blither on! :mrgreen:
wolfmarty

Postby IgnatiusBaeticus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:15 am

Salve,

My Lord Marc, it´s a wonderful and beautiful "confession" that you've made on manly cothing. I do not share it, for i myself'd like the other kind of cloth, indeed less manly. But still, i loved you said that. As yours, my aim is to form a Blue Feather group in my own land, but for now this happens to be the whole Ancient World. A bit too cosmopolitan for one person, i fear.

And my Lord Wolfmarty, i'm also interested in heresy, but i'm far more ancient than you, living in the 5th century. I'm also related to those bishops led astray by their mundane devotions. In fact, i'm grandchild of one of them, though i pretend to be older than i actually am, so i can say i'm his son, not grandson, and thus take advantage of the protection that emperor Theodosius the Great granted to him, in spite of him being an enemy of imperial meddling in religion issues. He had such power over the minds, that even the last great emperor feared him.

Anyway, he had an illegitimate daughter, which was my mother, though i may say now and then that it's me (not my mother) the bishop's illegitimate child. For a short time, my mother coupled a sueve involved in the first invasion of Spain. Soon he went northwards where his people founded the first German kingdom in Spain, and my motherwas left to bring me up by her own. Having been herself educated by the bishop, she tought me all the pagan wisdom she had, but also the unorthodox christian traditions. And now, i'm willing to travel north to know my father's people, in which realm it has been spreaded the main heresy of these times in the western world, free of the power of these decaying emperors.

Blessings for you all.

Iohannes Aelius Ignatius, no awards no titles.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Declaration of Independence, 1776.
IgnatiusBaeticus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion