Introduce yourself!!

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Re: Introduce yourself!!

Postby GildasTalmadge » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:53 pm

My name is Gildas Talmadge.
I have a persona based on the British cleric (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gildas).
I live in the East Kingdom, Washington DC mundanely.
I have never been camping with Blue Feather at Pennsic, but have been coming to Pennsic for quite awhile.
I'm interested in finding other SCAdians in DC and the surrounding area.
GildasTalmadge

Postby Joshua » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Lots of SCAdians in both San Diego and DC! :)

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby dave8365 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:44 pm

What ho, all,

I'm David Lynch, previously known in the SCA as Lord David Lennox Hamilton. I originally joined the SCA around 1988-89, living in Caid in the Barony of the Angels. I drifted away in the early 90's, but have decided to get back in. I'm really excited to see how the Blue Feather has grown. I have a variety of early Blue Feather memories at both the TFYC (Twenty Fifth Year Celebration) and Pennsic in 1991, and a Blue Feather "social" at Estrella in 1992, and the efforts to get a charter which we ultimately received from Tim and Trista. I started law school in mid-1992, however, and after that my level of involvement in the SCA diminished.

The SCA seems a much more welcoming place for GLBT folk now than it was then. I am very glad for it and appreciate the years of hard work which members of CBF and its friends have put in to make it that way.

In my mundane life, I practiced law in LA for around fifteen years; My husband (who does not play but I'm trying to coax along...) and I moved from Los Angeles to Rancho Mirage, CA (outside Palm Springs) (Barony of Dreiburgen) in January, where I stopped practicing law and purchased a custom picture framing franchise.

I look forward to meeting more CBF members along the way. My "first" event this time around is going to be Angels Anniversary in September, so if any Caidan BF's are there, please look me up!

Toodle Pip!
Dave
dave8365

Postby Stone » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:15 am

dave8365 wrote:What ho, all,

I'm David Lynch, previously known in the SCA as Lord David Lennox Hamilton. I originally joined the SCA around 1988-89, living in Caid in the Barony of the Angels. I drifted away in the early 90's, but have decided to get back in. I'm really excited to see how the Blue Feather has grown. I have a variety of early Blue Feather memories at both the TFYC (Twenty Fifth Year Celebration) and Pennsic in 1991, and a Blue Feather "social" at Estrella in 1992, and the efforts to get a charter which we ultimately received from Tim and Trista. I started law school in mid-1992, however, and after that my level of involvement in the SCA diminished.

The SCA seems a much more welcoming place for GLBT folk now than it was then. I am very glad for it and appreciate the years of hard work which members of CBF and its friends have put in to make it that way.

In my mundane life, I practiced law in LA for around fifteen years; My husband (who does not play but I'm trying to coax along...) and I moved from Los Angeles to Rancho Mirage, CA (outside Palm Springs) (Barony of Dreiburgen) in January, where I stopped practicing law and purchased a custom picture framing franchise.

I look forward to meeting more CBF members along the way. My "first" event this time around is going to be Angels Anniversary in September, so if any Caidan BF's are there, please look me up!

Toodle Pip!
Dave

Alright another Californian, woo hoo
Stone

Postby PappyShucks » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:17 pm

Not a Member of SCA - Fan of Sword and Sandal / Renaissance / Costuming and Unicycles

Located in SC - My closest SCA Chapter is 9 hours away (Atlanta)

My Personal Crest
crest.png
copyright: PappyShucks
PappyShucks

Postby Halima » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:11 am

Ok, I'm not terribly good with introductions, but here goes...

Halima bint Da'ud al-Attarah is a late 15th c. Ottoman Turk living in Constantinople shortly after its fall to Sultan Mehmet II and the Ottoman Empire. She is a perfumer (al-Attarah) and daughter of a Sipahi or Turkish cavalry soldier/minor noble/knight. She spends her days in the marketplace creating and selling perfumes and is terribly fond of attempting to cook... mind you, she's still learning.

I am the Pirate Queen, Captain of the Red Lady's Revenge... otherwise known as Halima bint Da'ud al-Attarah, the Wassail Lady, Heather, Siobhan, hey you, or a host of sundry pseudonyms. I'm a SCAdian, a mom, a wife, a crazy person, a Halloweenie, a belly dancer, a (hopefully soon) fire twirler, a budding archer, a tomboy femme, and so much more. My lord husband, 2 year old daughter, and I live in the Barony of Blackstone Mountain, Aethelmearc. I've been a SCAdian for 13 years (went to an event instead of my senior prom), but I've been MIA for about 5.... damn mundane life. The hubby hasn't been to an event yet, so Wicker Man in November will be his first. :D He'll probably pop up here eventually.
Halima

Postby Robert de Bayeux » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:06 am

Greetings from Shire Blackwood in the Kingdom of Gleann Abhann!

My name is Robert de Bayeux(mka Robby Gates), and I am just returning to the SCA after about a 10 year hiatus. My persona is late 12th/early 13th century Norman French. My interests are herbalism, calligraphy, brewing, and animal husbandry. I used to serve as a chirurgeon due to my mundane profession as a nurse, but we'll see how things go this time around.

I am really glad to have found this site and look forward to making many new friends and perhaps meeting as many of you as possible. I have never been able to make Pennsic yet due to time/monetary constraints, but who knows, anything is possible.

I would especially like to hear from any others in the Kingdom of Glean Abhann.
Robert de Bayeux

Postby Ruddock_ap_Conwy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Not certain which is the most commonly used communication medium for Blue Feather, so in addition to the e-mail list thought that it would be a good idea to post here as well.

My name is Don Allensworth-Davies and in SCA I have taken the name of Ruddock ap Conwy (my family has some Welsh roots which inspired my persona name). I hail from the Barony of Carolingia in the East Kingdom. My husband and I are brand new to SCA and now I simply do not understand how we failed to be a part of this like, 10 years ago. I have been fascinated with the SCA since I was 14 years old and only now at age 40 am I getting around to participating. So many of own interests overlap with SCA: Calligraphy, Tarot and mead making, to name a few.

In RL I am a public health researcher at a university where part of my research work is looking at quality of life outcomes among gay male prostate cancer survivors (which will also be the topic of my PhD dissertation that I am currently working on). My husband and I have been together for 10 years, and married for 5.

When I first contacted our Baron I was nervous about the role of LGBT in the SCA, but after many warm and welcoming e-mails and now, discovering Clan Blue Feather any concerns have been COMPLETELY put to rest. I hope to meet some of you in-person at SCA events in the future.
Ruddock_ap_Conwy

Postby Aiden » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Ruddock_ap_Conwy wrote:My husband and I are brand new to SCA and now I simply do not understand how we failed to be a part of this like, 10 years ago. I have been fascinated with the SCA since I was 14 years old and only now at age 40 am I getting around to participating.

This sounds familiar. I remember first hearing about the SCA around the time I was in high school (about 15 years ago) and thinking it sounded like fun, but never really got around to checking it out until a few years ago. The past year, I've probably spent more time participating in some way than ever before, and finally made it out to my first camping event.

Welcome. :-)
Aiden

Postby Domenico Dei Medici » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:34 am

Hello everyone My Name is James Raia (Domenico Dei Medici)
My mundane Family actually are decedents of the Medici family so the persona was obvious
I am a 16 century Italian Jeweler (East Kingdom) and do vend for SCA events and am a jewelry artist in the mundane
Gay obviously have been on a a sabbatical from the SCA but am back would am looking forward to being a part again
and connecting with Clan blue feather members in Stonemarche would love to chat and get to know folks so drop me a note and if your at Birka stop by and say hi
Domenico Dei Medici

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion