Introduce yourself!!

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Re: Introduce yourself!!

Postby de LaTour » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:57 am

Bonjour de Ansteorra!

I am known as Antonio de LaTour in the Society (MKA toni reyna). I currently reside in The Shire of Gate's Edge and am serving as its newly appointed Hospitaler. I have been in the society for about 9 years now and have been in contact with the Clan for about 3 years (inactively). As part of my efforts to become more active in the Society I have decided to join the ranks of the Clan Blue Feather forum for advice and such. I would like to eventually find enough Blue Feather Clan members in my area to start a local group and as such am hoping that this site is a good resource.

I am a mid to late 14th century French persona but am debating moving into a later more Elizabethan period just not sure how all the fur would play out here in Texas. Might not be the best idea. In any case I hope to meet new people and learn to my heart’s content. Feel free to contact me if we have shared interests.

de LaTour
ich diene
de LaTour
ich diene
de LaTour

Postby Qara » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Greetings Clan Blue Feather!!

Hope things are looking good for everyone this year. :D

I am Qara Unegen. Until 3 years ago, I was part of Caid in Dreiburgen with my roommate Ulrike the Franke.

Qara is a generic Mongol who is a wanderer, Poet, and Archer. Her alter-ego, Kujo no Ume * no it isn't registered yet, am working on getting her background worked out* , is a Zen nun who practices Kyudo, loves to read, is lousy at poetry, and is truly an arts and sciences type persona.

I am an Author in my mundane life, I write Paranormal romances and am currently doing research for Time Travel adventures. I love doing research and all the good stuff that goes along with it. I'm hoping Clan Blue Feather can point me in the right direction for looking into History from this point of view.

Bright Blessings on you all.

Qara... "Q" Unegen
Qara

Postby Lou_VladsWest » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm

hey Folks... I am from the East originally, but now living in Caid, Barony of Calafia (San Diego).

Would love to meet folks from the area and get back into the SCA now that I'm all settled here on the west coast!

Lou@LouCap.com or find me on facebook (use this email when searching: LthrBerLou@aol.com)
Lou_VladsWest

Postby KycubTX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 am

Greeting and welcome all to the Clan Blue Feather Knowne World forums.
Antonio, great to see another Ansteorran here! I will say in this Texas heat we have, keep fur simple in the way of trim and maybe small embellishments. I have a Russian persona and have learned a few lessons there.. lol
In what Texans in my area call winter (which makes me laugh) you could do more with fur but typically a good quality wool will keep you nice and toasty warm.
I just got back from Gulf Wars a couple weeks ago and had a blast there. Was hoping to see more BF's there but I wore my BF belt favor quite visibly and with pride the entire week of war.

<<hugz>>

de LaTour wrote:Bonjour de Ansteorra!

I am known as Antonio de LaTour in the Society (MKA toni reyna). I currently reside in The Shire of Gate's Edge and am serving as its newly appointed Hospitaler. I have been in the society for about 9 years now and have been in contact with the Clan for about 3 years (inactively). As part of my efforts to become more active in the Society I have decided to join the ranks of the Clan Blue Feather forum for advice and such. I would like to eventually find enough Blue Feather Clan members in my area to start a local group and as such am hoping that this site is a good resource.

I am a mid to late 14th century French persona but am debating moving into a later more Elizabethan period just not sure how all the fur would play out here in Texas. Might not be the best idea. In any case I hope to meet new people and learn to my heart’s content. Feel free to contact me if we have shared interests.

de LaTour
ich diene
<<hugz>>
~Dvorianin Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Shire of Ffynnon-Gath
KycubTX

Postby CLHarmon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Hello there, I'm Chris!

That'll have to do for now, since I've given absolutely no thought as to my SCAdian name yet. Still very new. :]

I love in Delaware, formerly in Georgia and I have a profound interest in the Renaissance, specifically the 16th century, and I have distinct preference for the remarkable women of the time. Starting with and dominated by Mary, Queen of Scots. :] Still contemplating garb as a whole, and leaning heavily towards a female persona - despite the heavy limits the Corpora laws put on my advancement because of it.
CLHarmon

Postby Leticia » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Hello! I'm Leticia Attford/Masheli (not my legal name, but closer to my "mundane" name :P) and I'm stationed all the way up in Oertha! I've yet to see anyone from Clan Blue Feather up here, but that could just have been me being new and not looking. I'm interested in... well, basically everything, to some degree. I'm learning how to sew to make garb for myself and my lady (who lives all the way over in Insulae Draconis!), I'm also looking at heraldry and the scribal arts with severe shiny syndrome just because I already do enjoy drawing, I have an avowed interest in archery, and am considering getting into heavy fighting.
Leticia

Postby Tgarner » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:28 am

My mundane name is Troy Stansel-Garner. I am new to the SCA and am working on my SCA name and persona. I wish to be 14th century Irish. I live in the An Tir Kingdom in the Barony of Aquaterra. Are there any clan members in the Everett, WA area? I am interested in archery, armor, cooking, leather working, and last but by no means least BREWING :D I am loving SCA, because the Barony members here have accepted me unconditionally and are falling over themselves to help me get settled in. Also I adore camping and history so what better way to fulfill 2 of my passions? Thank you,

TS-G
Thus ends
Tgarner

it's Louis!

Postby louis » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:53 am

Hi Blue Feather people! I had so much fun meeting and dancing with you folks the other night. Thanks for throwing a great party! I'm back home safe in Caldrithig (aka Ottawa) tonight. If you're ever in the neighbourhood be sure to say hello :)

Louis Berger
louis

Postby amandak695 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Gaston wrote:I'm Gaston, an early period southern European who chose his period for the garb--shorts, short sleeved tunic, sandals--which is comfortable in the heat of a Calontir summer.

Current projects include some kitchen boxes for Lilies war, finishing a prototype pavilion, turnsole shoes, new sandals (they wear out) and making a dent in the pile of linen on the living room chair.

Looks to be a busy winter.

Hi!!!!!
Thank your infomation....
amandak695

Postby DugahllEoghann » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:51 pm

My name is Dughall-Eoghann Le Grannd, mka Douglas Grant - yeah, I know unoriginal name - the difference is that it is pronounced Dual-Ian (I'm a french transplant, christianized in Scotland, where they thought I was Danish for some reason...)

I've been in the SCA for too long...IDK when I started - it was back during the Dark Ages...The first major War I went to was Estrella VIII, and I'd been in the SCA for a while then...

I currently live in Atlantia - Shire of Spiaggia Levantina, but have played with the (then) Principality of the Sun, Caid and the East...I've worked every position but Seneschal within a group - as an officer...lol!

I'd love to connect with other Atlantians, so don't hesitate to contact me here or on the Yahoo! group.

I'd love to connect with other Atlantians, so please don't hesitate to contact me here on on the Yahoo group.

Dughall-Eoghann
DugahllEoghann

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion