Chimbai

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Chimbai

Postby Joshua » Wed May 20, 2009 11:02 am

It is with a heavy heart that I report the sad news of the passing of Chimbai of the Great Dark Horde.

For those that knew him, he was witty, gregarious and wise. He served the GDH as Khan and Slumlord, and was a long-time member of Clan Blue Feather. He would often be seen riding his festooned cart around Pennsic, both tormenting and amusing passers-by. He was an old, dear friend who I will miss a lot. My heart goes out to his partner, Chon, and all others who called him friend.
Joshua

Re: Chimbai

Postby Stone » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:40 pm

This thread reminded me of a loss the SCA took at this years Pennsic (2009). I figured instead of starting a new thread, I'd piggy-back on the memory of Chimbai. Our Von Droken neighbor and my mentor in the craft of whipping, Takumi (or Winder to some) informed me that Hoss the Leather Crafter was discovered deceased on site, in his bed just days before the end of Pennsic. I hardly knew him, but he did sell me my first whip and helped me with it when it was damaged. Most would remember him for the hand painted leather-hide mugs that he sold in large varieties. I cannot mourn for him like he was my own, but like all SCadians he was a creative person, and his trade will surely be missed.
Stone

Re: Chimbai

Postby Joshua » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:15 am

Sorry to hear that, Stone. At least you have a good memory to carry with you - literally - to remember his craftsmanship by.

- Joshua
Joshua

Return to General Discussion