Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3837: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3838: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Clan Blue Feather • View topic - Blue Feather embroidery project

Blue Feather embroidery project

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Re: Blue Feather embroidery project

Postby Joshua » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Gabe / Genjiro wrote:Very nice indeed! I am impressed! I can give you the original vector artwork for the blue feather logo used on the site, if you are interested!

Actually, that's exactly what I already sent him. Don't you recognize the artwork?

You're so pretty. :)

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby KycubTX » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Thank you everyone for the great feedback! I used a pdf conversion of the artwork that Joshua sent me to digitize the feather to my embroidery machine. The great thing is, the color of the feather can be anything by just changing the thread in the machine with any color. Belt favors seem to be the way to go and I just got in 8 yards of nice off-white linen. I will start constructing one and post a picture of the finished product. If they are of interest to people I will then take requests for them, but first the demo. Will post back in a day or so when I have one finished to show.

<<hugz>>
~Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Austin, Texas
<<hugz>>
~Dvorianin Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Shire of Ffynnon-Gath
KycubTX

Postby Stone » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Though this topic seemed to die down just before Pennsic, Lucien... having had great success with the emcampant walls, decided that Blue Feather Belt Favors would be his project for this year, to be given out at Pennsic 2010. I know he was a little lost as to where and how he would get embroidered blue feathers, perhaps you could be his solution.
Stone

Postby widderprime » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:03 am

Now that we have sheet walls........THANK YOU, LUCIEN.........our logo on them would be really nice. AND now that we have some fighters.....provided they choose us again next year......belt favors would also be very nice. I'm also thinking of some table cloths for the ball with this along the edges. So many uses, it's really a matter of choosing what to start with!

W. Mary not sure of my persona, but it seems to precede me.
widderprime

Postby Joshua » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 am

Don't forget Calontir Trim still has some blue feather trim (the same stuff that was on my chiton at the Ball). Not too expensive, and might be nice along a tablecloth.

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby KycubTX » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Okay, it has been much longer than I anticipated, but with Pennsic, Jagermeister, then our fall Baronial here in Bryn Gwlad things got just a wee bit hectic. At long last here are the photos of the belt favors I was going to work on. The only thing that I would change would be my laziness to swap out my black serger thread, so instead of white it got black just to get a sample out (you'll see this on the back of the favor on the underside of the pocket cover flap). I'm gonna start making many more of these especially for our local Bluefeathers here in Ansteorra. Enjoy and if you would like one feel free to contact me off-list at charlesdurbin@austin.rr.com and I can add you to the list.

The pics are of the front and back. Can accommodate a belt width of 3 inches. I put a couple business cards in the pocket to give an idea of size. You can stash your SCA card, ID/drivers license, and cash in it with no problems.

<<hugz>>
~Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Austin, Texas
Attachments
Bluefeather03.jpeg
The front. Will accomodate a belt width of 3 inches.
Bluefeather02.jpeg
The backside.
Bluefeather01.jpeg
The backside with pocket flap up.
<<hugz>>
~Dvorianin Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Shire of Ffynnon-Gath
KycubTX

Postby embroideryallsorts » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:16 am

This is very nice, what digitizing software are you using and how easy is it to use?
embroideryallsorts

Previous

Return to General Discussion