Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3837: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3838: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Clan Blue Feather • View topic - Blue Feather embroidery project

Blue Feather embroidery project

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Blue Feather embroidery project

Postby KycubTX » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:26 pm

I just wanted to share this as it is something I'm tinkering around with. I have an embroidery machine and digitized the badge feather and sent it on some scrap material with some thread that was already wound and ready to go just to see how it would turn out. This is the how my results turned out so far. Gonna do a little fine tuning and send it to the machine with blue thread on white material. I'll post a pic when I get to the sewing shop and pick up some nice blue embroidery thread and send it on white material. Just wanted to share this with everyone. Enjoy!

~Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Austin, Texas
Attachments
Bluefeathersm.jpg
<<hugz>>
~Dvorianin Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Shire of Ffynnon-Gath
KycubTX

Re: Blue Feather embroidery project

Postby Korren » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:43 am

That's really pretty! I so want one of those machines! <sigh> <Grin>

Korren ManyWanted
Korren

Postby Joshua » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:27 am

That's fantastic! I've no doubt you could easily sell them wherever you go. If you make a bunch of them, I'm sure there are quite a few merchants who would be happy to sell them from their merchant tents at Pennsic (Gabbo, for instance).

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Angelo_Machiavelli » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Looks great! I'd certainly be willing to buy one if you ever decide to start producing them!
Angelo_Machiavelli

Postby KycubTX » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:02 pm

And here is the final project in blue embroidery thread on white linen. Initially the idea of the belt favor was why I decided to try it out. Would it be preferable to have this as a patch, belt favor, or what would you all want to see it on? I'm only at the stage of knowing my machine can do it and hadn't decided on exactly what to do with it. Gimme y'alls feedback and hope you enjoy how it turned out, i'm pleased and sittin here with a big ole smile right now!

~Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Austin, Texas
Attachments
Bluefeather02sm.jpg
<<hugz>>
~Dvorianin Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Shire of Ffynnon-Gath
KycubTX

Postby Thorvald » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Very Nice!
You could probably easily sell them here as belt favors. (hint. hint.)
Thorvald

Postby Aiden » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:12 am

Thorvald wrote:Very Nice!
You could probably easily sell them here as belt favors. (hint. hint.)

I happily second that. :D
Aiden

Postby Joshua » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:06 pm

I've seen patches and they're nice, but I think belt favors are the way to go. If you can even do it, create a favor with a built-in belt loop. I've even seen ones with pockets on the other side of the feather, and each one came with a free condom. :)

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby aeruin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 pm

That's really nice looking!

On the one hand, people could easily make their own favor by sewing a patch on it. On the other hand, the favor is likely the thing most people want to display the badge on, so why not just make that. While requiring a little more fabric, it may actually be easier to make a favor than to neatly finish the edge of a patch. And, if someone really wants to put your feather on something other than a favor, they can cut it out of the favor and turn it into a patch themselves.

I guess I vote favor! :)

If you do this, don't forget to make a few in a lighter blue, too, for supporters.

(And I have embroidery machine envy, too!)
aeruin

Postby Gabe / Genjiro » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Very nice indeed! I am impressed! I can give you the original vector artwork for the blue feather logo used on the site, if you are interested!
--Genjiro Tenmakutsukuri
MKA Gabriel de la Vega
Archer of Rivenwood
Tentmaker
http://www.tradersoftamerlane.com
Gabe / Genjiro

Next

Return to General Discussion