SCA Census results...

Topics of general SCA interest.

SCA Census results...

Postby KycubTX » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 pm

I just wanted to pass this along to everyone. I too was curious about the same-sex consort results and Lady Ysabeau has been getting quite a few emails about it. I will cross post on FB and on the email list so that people can see it.
Ysabeau, the Chair of the census is a very good friend of mine and my belt sister to my laurel. She told me to also mention she would be willing to come to the BF encampment to discuss this also if folks were interested.

<<hugz>>
Grishka Kravtsovich
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Shire of Ffynnon-Gath
Southern Regional Chronicler

----------

Greetings,
I've been receiving questions about why we didn't address the Same Sex Consort question in this data release. We have been focusing on the items in this round that focus on establishing who SCAdians are, why we first started, and what keeps us playing...or why some left. We are hoping to work out the kinks in our methodology before we tackle some of the hot button issues. No matter which side you are on, you hopefully understand that the same sex consort issue is a hot button issue with a capitol H for both sides of the issue. We don't want to be irresponsible and throw fuel on the fire (and honestly, we don't know yet which side of the fence the answers come down on). We want to do due diligence and provide context around the numbers. Does the opinion of non-paid members who haven't played in 15 years count as much as paid currently active members? These are the types of things we are going to look at. This is at the top of our agenda for the next round along with the Peerage Options.

I have good friends and family in the GLBT community but I also understand and agree with some of the arguments and concerns about abuse on the other side. I am taking a personal interest in making sure data is presented fairly and in context, regardless of my personal feelings on the topic. I hope this makes sense. My goal is to provide a fair and balanced accounting of what the census data says and I'm just as interested as everyone else to see what it ends up being. I will be holding a Q&A about the census at Pennsic if you can attend. It will be Tuesday, Aug. 9th at 4 p.m. in AS07.

If someone is interested in reviewing the deep dive analysis before it is released and offer recommendations for review by the census committee, please contact me at Lady.Ysabeau@gmail.com. I only have space/time for one or two reviewers. I cannot guarantee that all of your recommendations will make it in the final document, but I can guarantee that they will be discussed and addressed.

In Service,
HL Ysabeau of Prague
Chair of the SCA 2010 Census Commmittee
<<hugz>>
~Dvorianin Grishka Kravtsovich~
Mka - Charlie Durbin
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Shire of Ffynnon-Gath
KycubTX

Re: SCA Census results...

Postby Thorvald » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 am

Thank you for this info!

Are you on the Inspirational Equality page on FB?
If so, you may want to post this there.
If not, may I?

While I'm afraid that we won't get anymore data on the Consort question before October, I'm looking forward to the going to the Census discussion at Pennsic and would very much like to meet Ysabeau at the BF camp.

Hugs,
Thorvald
Thorvald

Postby Joshua » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:02 am

Thorvald, yes, please re-post this on the Facebook page. I can follow up about a possible Clan meeting.

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Joshua » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:54 pm

FYI, the census results have been released:

http://www.sca.org/scacensus2010/#data

- Joshua
Joshua

Return to SCA