Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bluefeather/bluefeather.org/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3837: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3838: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Clan Blue Feather • View topic - RSS?

RSS?

Need help with a forum feature or section of the website? Ask here!

RSS?

Postby ariel » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:41 am

Hello! I'd heard that RSS feeds could be set up from this forum. I'd appreciate any advice on how to do so, preferably to my Live Journal account. Thanks in advance!
ariel

Re: RSS?

Postby WarrenSensei » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:05 am

RSS feed, from a secured forum?
"I must not fear.
Fear is the little death that brings total oblivion.
I will face my fear;
I will allow it to pass over me and through me,
and when I turn to see fear's path
there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert
WarrenSensei

Postby cgaspar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:05 pm

RSS feed, from a secured forum?

"secured"? What gave you that idea? It's entirely public and anonymous to read.

As for the RSS feed: http://www.bluefeather.org/forum/syndication.php
cgaspar

Postby WarrenSensei » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:41 pm

Hmm... not that I was expecting true privacy or anything like that, but having the posts quite that public feels a little uncomfortable to me...
"I must not fear.
Fear is the little death that brings total oblivion.
I will face my fear;
I will allow it to pass over me and through me,
and when I turn to see fear's path
there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
-Frank Herbert
WarrenSensei

Postby Gabe / Genjiro » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Ariel,

Sorry about that. In the "launch" email that went out the link to the RSS section was broken when forwarded along (in hindsight, I should have included the full URL.)

As Carson mentions (and it is he we have to thank for it, so thanks Carson!) it is available at syndication.php\
--Genjiro Tenmakutsukuri
MKA Gabriel de la Vega
Archer of Rivenwood
Tentmaker
http://www.tradersoftamerlane.com
Gabe / Genjiro

Postby Joshua » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:44 am

cgaspar wrote:

Ah, bless you, kind sir. :)

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Joshua » Tue May 19, 2009 12:04 pm

OK, I'm by no means an expert, but I'm trying to find ways to make the forums more widely accessible.

First, you can subscribe to each forum, which will e-mail you with updates. There's a button at the bottom of each forum page (for example, "Website Suggestions") that says "subscribe forum," and they can be controlled under your User Control Panel. It's not quite the same as subscribing to the form as a whole entity, but there aren't that many to subscribe to.

Second, as noted above, the syndication page can be used to set up a feed for your Facebook, blog, etc. For example, I now have a feed set up for those of us on LiveJournal:

http://syndicated.livejournal.com/bluefeather_rss/

It does look like it works (and this post will be a test), so if you subscribe to that you'll get updates on your friends page.

I think it would be awesome to have one button on the home page that says "click here to receive updates by e-mail," but I think for now subscribing to the individual forums is the way to go.

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Aiden » Wed May 20, 2009 11:17 am

I know there are some hosted RSS to e-mail services out there, such as FeedBurner (which I believe is free.) Perhaps something like that could be used to provide an "update by e-mail" link?
Aiden

Return to Help desk