Clan Blue Feather Anniversary

Announcements and updates for any events not listed below.

Clan Blue Feather Anniversary

Postby Demon_Rider » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:18 am

Joshua, at the known world meeting, didn't you mention that this upcoming war signifies the 10 year anniversary of the clans founding?

If so, do we have any plans for something big to celebrate the event? A party, reinactment, massive orgy, something? Idk, just throwing ideas out there.
Demon_Rider

Re: Clan Blue Feather Anniversary

Postby Gabe / Genjiro » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:42 am

Thank you for bringing this up Brandon! I knew there was something else major we discussed at the known World Meeting that would have been perfect to discuss here.

As far as I remember, we were still trying to decide which event in blue feather history we were going to be counting from. Speaking of which thats another thread that needs to be started (about clan blue feather history).
--Genjiro Tenmakutsukuri
MKA Gabriel de la Vega
Archer of Rivenwood
Tentmaker
http://www.tradersoftamerlane.com
Gabe / Genjiro

Postby Demon_Rider » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:35 am

Perhaps we should wait before making any final decisions until a few more of the clan's founders join us here? They would be able to offer up far more insight into it's creation that we could, and right now I believe Joshua is the only elder among us on the forums. I'm not sure though as I only know a few of them.

Personally, I don't think it should have anything to do with the encampment at Pennsic as we really are such a tiny part of something so much larger.
Demon_Rider

Postby Joshua » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:25 am

As Gabbo mentioned, I think my calculations were a bit off. From what I can remember and have spoken with others about (and this is off the cuff - I'm working on a more accurate history of the Clan) the ad in Pikestaff ran in July 1988, and a meeting was held at Pennsic in August the same year. Using a blue feather didn't start informally until Pennsic 1989, and the name itself wasn't seemingly decided on until Pennsic 1990, with the device being registered in December the same year. The first Ball was held at Pennsic in 1991, and the first encampment was at Pennsic in 1992.

Further discussion is going to revolve around the accuracy of memories (as is always the case), but we can accurately document December 1990 as the registration of the device, which could be argued would be a good date to use as an anniversary.

Bottom line, the 20th anniversary could have been Pennsic 2008, or it could be August or December 2010. :D Stay tuned for more details! Hee!

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Korren » Wed May 20, 2009 1:05 am

Isn't there some way to look up past issues of the PikeStaff? If not online, then in some physical archive, somewhere?

Do we have friends on the BoD? <heehee!> (I said BOD!)

Korren Many . . . . nevermind
Korren

Postby Joshua » Wed May 20, 2009 9:00 am

Probably not - the Pikestaff and such have been around for far longer than the web, let alone computers, so unless someone's gone back and scanned 20+ years worth of them, I doubt it. I do have physical photocopies (somewhere) of the original ad, which was sent to me when I was researching the article in the 90's. That's how I got the date in the first place.

- Joshua
Joshua

Postby Demon_Rider » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:40 am

So have we decided what we're going to go with as the Anniversary? It would be cool to have something HUGE to mark the occasion if it has not yet passed (2008).
Demon_Rider

Postby Demon_Rider » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:07 am

Demon_Rider wrote:So have we decided what we're going to go with as the Anniversary? It would be cool to have something HUGE to mark the occasion if it has not yet passed (2008).

Disregard this post. Upon reading the rest of the forums I think we've decided to go with 2010 as the 20th Anniversary?
Demon_Rider

Postby Joshua » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:53 am

Well, "we" haven't decided anything (as much as we as a Clan ever make decisions). I think both anniversaries are notable, but since we dropped the ball (to coin a phrase) last year, I think 2010 would be a nice time to do something special.
Joshua

Postby Demon_Rider » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Agreed. Perhaps a known world orgy? I mean what better way to celebrate than with sex? :twisted:
Demon_Rider

Return to Event Announcements