[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3834: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3837: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3838: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
Clan Blue Feather • View topic - Introduce yourself!!

Introduce yourself!!

Discussion of General topics not covered in the forums below.

Re: Introduce yourself!!

Postby Jibrail » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:19 am

Jibrail

Postby felipe del malpais » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:48 am

My name is Felipe del Malpais. I'm a member of the Crown College of St. Golias in the kingdom of the Outlands. Developing a spanish Moor persona. Currently I have the office of Deputy Seneschal. An older Gentleman aged 62. Just interested in meeting others who will be at Estrella Wars in Feb. I'm new to the SCA just over a year. A light fighter who is constantly pitted with aged 20 something foes. Will be camping with St Golias at the Wars. Would like to hear of any Blue Feather activities at the event.
felipe del malpais

Postby Marc Beaucoeur » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:18 am

Jibrail, be fair to those other-era Persians!! Remember that the great miniature painter Behzad created most of his masterpieces in the late Timurid period, at Herat, and carried over into the Savavid period, mostly as a mentor/teacher, and head of the Royal studios. Also, the art of tile mosaic achieved in the Timurid period has never been equalled, or surpassed, and I refer one to the masterpieces of that genre to be seen in Samarkhand and other cities. Post 1600 Safavi tile work, at Isfahan, while astoundingly beautiful, with lucious colors and designs, was mostly a "cheater" version, painted on square tiles, and not the true mosaic, where each design element is hand sawed out of flat tile, and then all grouted together. There were exceptions, of course, and I speak of general trends. In spite of all that, I am a huge fan of the architecture of Isfahan! Yum Yum! I also agree about post Abbas style and design, and clothing; it gets degenerate real fast. I like ol Abbas a lot, though. From all I've read about him, his wine-bearers, or Saqi, were incredibly beautiful and handsome young men, and he tasted of far more than their wine! Gotta love it! I even have a pic, from a miniature, of him caressing one of his wine boys. I got it from the net. And that shitty prez they have in Iran today says that gay men don't exist in iran, and never have. What bullshit and lies!! Their greatest and most beloved poets wrote scads of love poems to other men and youths. Revisionist history sucks.
Marc Beaucoeur
Marc Beaucoeur

Postby Demon_Rider » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:48 pm

Demon_Rider

Postby HeyJude » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:08 am

Hello everyone! Im Jude, I have been camping with Blue Feather the past two years. Im part of "Clan Gabbo" The underpaid fallowers of Gabe =)
HeyJude

Postby chasfburk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Greetings from Gleann Abhann...

I stumbled across the link to this board on SCA today, so I thought i would check it out. My name is Charles Pierre de Bourbon, and I live in The Barony of Axemoor (New Orleans). I have been in the SCA since 1994 (though I took a hiatus from 2001-2006). I started in kingdom of Ansteorra when I was in highschool, and I continued playing when I moved to Gleann Abhann. At this Gulf War I will be elevated to the order of the Laurel for my work in late period costuming and accessories. I hope that many of you make your way to our fair kingdom to attend GulfWars as it is always proves to be both a fun and memorable event.
Chas. de Bourbon

Pourquoi est-ce que tu ne teins pas?

chasfburk

Postby galahadlad » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Greeting Gentles,
I am so excited to find Visible new life in Clan Bluefeather. My name is Ariel Ben Adam for now. I am in the midst of changes so I am not trying to register this as my name or even researching.I live in Caid the barony of Dreibergen. I am returning to SCA after a 10 year break as my trans/genderqueer self. I have not stayed in touch with anyone but hope to find a few old friends and make new ones.
Galahad or variations of that are what I use on some forums I belong to. I hope to send many SCA questioning people from those forums to Clan Bluefeather website to find a little family support as they start out in SCA. I belong to butch-femme.com and we keep a fairly active SCA thread going in the hobbies section for SCA. We regulars are frequently asked where new folks can find SCA family in their area and we have tried to find BlueFeather friends to guide them. It has been almost impossible to do this in the past.
I can understand gentles being reticent because of safety issues, but I feel if we can befriend new Bluefeather members at their first few events it would be good for all SCA.
Gratefully,
Ariel
galahadlad

Postby Beitris » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:01 pm

Greetings!
My name is Beitris ingen Giolla Mhuire
I reside in the Shire of Eisenmarche near the Barony of Lionsgate in the Principality of An Tir.
I am a late 12th century Irish/Norse woman.
I have been in the SCA for 5 years and up till now have mainly merchanted. However, I am now starting to become more involved.
My interests include leathercrafting, book arts, weaving, costuming, and whatever else I can learn. Currently, I am working on making some antler and bone accessories.
Glad to be here...
Beitris

Postby kaleb McCabe » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Well met one and all,

I'm new to the Blue Father sight (haveing just found it )

My name is Kaleb McCabe (i go by Kale)
I have a Irish persona Living in Persia (i will post the story later if any would like to know more )
I live in the Meridies
My other interests include Music, inkel weaving, Archery, Scribal arts, and may more

i will be at Gulf Wars this year (after fighting with the GREAT BEAST "JOB" for the last ten year to get the time)
kaleb McCabe

Postby Faunuss » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:39 am

Greetings!

My name is Faunuss of Darkwood, i have been around the SCA since i was about 14 - so about 12 years now! I am Originally from Oregon (USA Born and Raised) and just recently moved to Edmonton, Alberta! I am a Fire Fighter/Paramedic and have been for the past 6 years - and was offered a job i couldnt refuse so i packed my bags and headed north!

In the SCA - I am mostly a Combat Archerer, and due to my mundane job a Chirurgeon... However, i also partake in Arts and Sciences aswell as Heavy fighting! I like to have fun, and cause trouble wherever i go! I am pretty famous for getting royals wasted and doing some crazy things - Yes there are plenty of photos to back that up! (anyone with a pointy hat, watch out! :-)

Anyrate - i am interested in growing the Blue Feather Guild in and around the principality of Avacal and my local Barony! So, look forward to some fun things that i will be bringing to my local area - and of course, you all will be invited...

Take Care!

PS. Quad War is a very large event in my local Pricipality - and i am interested in haveing a Blue Feather Campsite - So if you are interested please let me know ( http://quadwar.avacal-sca.org/ ) this site is being updated...
In service to Barony, Community, & Crown!
Faunuss
Baronial Chirurgeon
Barony of Dragons Mist
Faunuss

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion